Monday, June 29, 2015

On Saturday evening at the Pastel Painter's of Maine 16th Annual International Juried Exhibition closing ceremonies, I was fortunate to receive the following. It was somewhat poetic. Dick passed away the day before what would have been my wife's 55th birthday. Like my wife, he loved Maine, but especially the sunsets of Maine. It was fitting then that my piece "Buoys Night Out (Little Lake St George / Liberty, ME)" would be the initial recipient of the award dedicated in his honor. I was deeply moved to have his widow make the presentation, and equally moved by meeting his entire family. Nice people. Thank you Barbara Janiecke for selecting my work for this award. Thank you Kate Bergquist for the excellent pronunciation of my last name when making the presentation. :-)



No comments: